Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

turkey day cake!





If you celebrate your BIRTHDAY on THANKSGIVING DAY, why not eat turkey!!!
I must say right at the beginning I found this cake (one very similar) on Flicker
Much of this was my own, in that I used the disney princess pan to bake my cake! I also made my feathers from gumpaste and the one that I found and got most ideas from used paper leaves! She did such a great job and I would love to give her the credit she deserves for this one!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2146/2050702141_9619a02aaa.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/debbiedoescakesnet/2050702141/&usg=__QwDeItwVLhYrvd6F8N4zt6cvMUE=&h=500&w=375&sz=146&hl=en&start=1&sig2=l8V4C58SJyKDnw51oRlPjw&tbnid=ILrORPOnYQN9SM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfunny%2Bturkey%2Bcake%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den&ei=DIlPS4vZHIfaswPB5YXYB

I enjoyed, once again playing with my airgun and spraying to get the shades of color!
It is a blessing to be able to create cakes that make people smile! I love to smile, & to laugh! SO good for the soul!
This cake gives me a chance to say how thankful I am for all my blessings! Family, husband, children and grandchildren! Friends, employment, and one big blessing in my life is that I get to spend time creating cakes!!!
(One day I hope to have a bakery of my own!)
With this 'turkey' I sent a 1/4 sheet cake to make sure they had enough servings!
This cake is iced with whipped cream icing. I laid my leaf cutters on it and sprayed it with fall colors, then lifted the cutters off!

No comments: