Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

My Dad Turns 75!

This was an interesting attempt!
See if you can follow this crazy story!
I am in Colorado, my dad lives in TEXAS!

I had this thought that it would be fun to try to
MAIL A CAKE! (Stop laughing all you cake decorators!!)
So I created a 6" cake, covered it with fondant. All decorations were made with fondant. I found the perfect size tin and slid the VERY COLD cake in the tin and put the tin in a box filled with packing peanuts.

The interesting part of this story is, (if you are still reading) that my dad's wife, Penny, called and asked me to come to Texas, and surprise him....
I went and getting off the plane we went to the post office to pick up the cake I mailed!! How crazy is that??
IT MADE IT! We had one small part of the cake where the fondant stuck to the tin :(

...but it was fun! We ate it and we had a great time together which was the best part of the entire story! I have never been to his home in Texas and man is it hot and dry!
THANKS DAD & PENNY FOR A GREAT VISIT!
HAPPY 75th DAD, LOVE YA

No comments: